Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Cane folk....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cane folk....

    I got this off another board. It was posted last night so, I'm assuming this is talking about today....

    FWIW, Miami board reporting press conference tommorrow
    at 3 regarding Coker's job. Said it was verified on Sunshine Network down there.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  2. #2
    Inactive Member jtw61194's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2006
    Posts
    873
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cane folk....

    What do you think? They gonna can him today? He's got a brand new staff. He needs to be gone, but I would wonder about the timing.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cane folk....

    Hard to tell. I'm just guessing that he won't be fired. If they have a press conference it'll be a "we support Larry" kind of thing. If he doesn't make dramatic improvement by the end of the season, he's gone. Of course, with me saying that, he'll probably come in and step down. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cane folk....

    Supposed to be Sunday at 3 according to Sunshine and Big O on WQAM. The board of directors are supposed to meet to discuss things, but Im not sure if he will be fired just yet. I think they should fire him so that whoever is hired has a chance to do recruiting. Also, if his status is in limbo, that will be used against Miami in recruiting. It wouldnt surprise me if Butch is the new coach but I wish they would go in another direction. Im sure Butch could outrecruit half the world but hes a liar and a sneak, I dont really like that. Chow will be gone in Tennesee by the end of the year but I seriously doubt Miami goes that route either even though the fans want it to go down. There is too good of a relationship between Pete Garcia and Butch. Pete will be the Head AD in the next year or two as Paul Dee will either step down or die of a cholestorol attack.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cane folk....

    I don't think they will fire him during the season. I agree with Ironlung when he said it will a conference to "support" Coker. Wonder what kind of message is this sending to the team? I have a feeling, we are in for a loooong season. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •